The 2017 term at the U.S. Supreme Court looks to be a quiet one for intellectual property. But with one potential bang in the middle.
- Outside Counsel Diversity Initiatives Force Companies to Confront Norms
- Key Moments From Jones Day Alum Greg Katsas' Senate Confirmation Hearing
- Hawaii Judge Blocks Trump’s Revised Travel Ban
- Climate Change Defense Permitted in Pipeline Closure Case
- Ed Ryan, Marriott's General Counsel, Announces Retirement
- Senior Mayer Brown Partner Leaves Firm To Launch IP Boutique
A federal judge issued a nationwide injunction against the third iteration of President Donald Trump's travel ban Tuesday.
As Harvey Weinstein became engulfed in scandal over allegations of sexual harassment, Washington-based whistleblower lawyer Debra Katz found herself representing a longtime executive who reportedly had confronted the influential Hollywood producer about his alleged misconduct.
Leading in-house counsel, speaking at the Association of Corporate Counsel annual meeting in Washington, open up about their experiences and observations in pushing for outside counsel programs that encourage law firms to embrace diversity. The latest diversity scorecard from The American Lawyer showed diversity numbers at the country's largest firms remained nearly flat between 2015 and 2016.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday agreed to decide an 11-state antitrust challenge to American Express Co.'s merchant rules, a case that the U.S. Justice Department litigated with the states for more than six years and then abandoned at the high court's door.
- Paul Smith Tries Again to Convince Justices to Curb Partisan Voting Districts
- Docket Chat: SCOTUS Arguments Scrambled by Late-Breaking Changes
- 'As I Said Last Time…' The Challenges of Rearguing a SCOTUS Case
- Former Texas Chief Justice Challenges His Old Court in New Gay-Rights Petition
Katsas, a judicial nominee for the D.C. Circuit, told senators some of the issues he worked on in the past nine months, including the travel ban and the Mueller investigation.
A federal judge heard oral arguments Monday over the legality of the Trump administration’s latest travel restrictions, pushing the parties for some sort of standard to evaluate the limits of presidential authority.
New Job Openings
Facing patent infringement allegations? Discover how the printing industry is fighting back against patent trolls that threaten their bottom line and explore possible solutions for your case.
Expert witnesses can be crucially valuable to your case or they can do more harm than good. Learn 5 secrets to extracting the best return on investment from experts.
Short videos from LegalWeek: Hear from legal industry experts on challenges faced in small firms and what successful firms are doing differently.
Learn how a secure, virtual strategy can help solo and small firms meet client demands and better manage their business.
A 2014 study showed that 75% of law firms that focused on administrative process efficiency saw increases in both revenue and profit. Want to see the same success? Start by downloading this checklist.