King & Spalding has beefed up its national public-affairs capabilities through a strategic alliance with former Washington mayor Anthony Williams.
- Merrick Garland Unsigned: Per Curiam Rulings Add to Nominee's Record
- Leadership Moves Mark an Uncommon Year for Williams & Connolly
- D.C. Federal Court Nominee Questioned About Judicial Philosophy, Pretrial Release Decision
- Texas Judge Refuses Labor Dept. Request for Time in 'Persuader Rule' Case
- Proposed 'Revenge Porn' Law Sparks Fresh Debate
- Deceptive Telemarketing Just Cost Santander Bank $10M
- Post-Sandy Hook Gun Laws to Reach Justices Days After Orlando Shooting
- Spencer Abraham at Blank Rome Boosts Firm's Post-Dickstein Shapiro Washington Network
- The Am Law 100: Squire Patton Boggs Looks Beyond Washington For Revenue Growth
- For Lobbyists, a Busy Congress Means a Boom Year, But Squire Patton Sees Revenue Drop
An American Bar Association committee on Tuesday ranked U.S. Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland as "well qualified" for the high court — its highest rating for judicial nominees.
Eleven years ago this month, a dissenting Justice Antonin Scalia argued that the Federal Communications Commission should regulate cable broadband providers as telecommunications services, not information services. The U.S. Supreme Court disagreed. The late justice's vindication arrived June 14 in a major net neutrality ruling.